Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lowepro Vertex 100 Review: Part 1


I will post a follow up, Part 2, once I've returned from a week of roaming Europe in mid-February. My previous bag is a Tamrac Adventure 7. A great bag IMO but I can't carry all of my lenses, flash and an extra body in the bag. I'm going to keep the Tamrac for the time being.

Everything fits in the Lowepro very nicely and I still have plenty of room for some of the smaller items in the zippered pockets on the outer flaps.


I really dig the tripod attachment. It's fully adjustable and for the first time I will have my hands free instead of lugging around my tripod, dropping it to shoot, etc...
Fully configured with lenses, flash and Notebook the bag is heavy!

It does not sit as nicely with just using one shoulder strap like I got accustomed to with the Tamrac. Because the bag is quite deep a good bit of the weight extends beyond the plain of your back.
The true test of this bag is how it feels (comfort) and it's usefulness after use during one of my road trips. I'll be visiting Vienna beginning of February and doing quite a bit of shooting on the weekend. Stay tuned for Part 2.

Lowepro Vertex 100 w/ Monopod
Lowepro Vertex 100 open w/ Gear

No comments:

Post a Comment